Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Songs


Every year it seems the radio stations start playing non-stop Christmas music earlier and earlier. I love Christmas music, so it's a welcome change...until about two weeks in when I'm already sick of it. It's not so much the music itself, but rather the radio stations love to play the same songs by the same artists over and over again.

Some songs that drive me crazy are:

1) The Christmas Shoes. This is probably the most depressing Christmas song ever. If you haven't heard it yet, it's about a young child who wants to buy his terminally ill mother a pair of shoes before she dies.

2) Little Saint Nick by the Beach Boys. I like the Beach Boys, but this song is awful. All the 'ooos' and 'ahhs' get annoying.

3) Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney. I love Paul, but this song is just pointless. Most of the song is just him saying "Simply having a wonderful Christmastime..."

4) I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas. No explanation needed.

Songs I wish they would play more often:

1) Perry Como's or Whitney Houston's version of Do You Hear What I Hear?

2) Elvis Presley's If Everyday Was Like Christmas.

3)
Any version of Mary Did You Know?

4) Josh Groban's O Holy Night.

5) Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Carol of the Bells.

No comments: