Monday, November 24, 2008

Crockpotting

I love the crockpot. It is probably the single most handy and convenient kitchen devices ever invented. The crockpot saves me loads of time and hassle when preparing dinner after a long day at the office. Some of my favorite dishes to make in the crockpot are:

-Spaghetti Sauce with meatballs
-My Mom's chicken casserole
-Pot roast
-Soups
-Various recipes that call for chicken (the crockpot makes the meat very tender and easy to cut up)

I recently discovered the blog A Year of CrockPotting, in which Stephanie, the blog owner, made it her New Year's Resolution to use the Crockpot every day of the year. She makes a new dish everyday and posts the recipe, along with a review of how she liked it. I'm always looking for new recipes and ideas for dinner so this is the site to get really good, healthy meals that are made so convienantly in the crockpot! Today I'm trying the 3 Packet Pot Roast. I'm also looking forward to the Broccoli and Three Cheese Soup that I'll be making sometime after the Thanksgiving holiday!

No comments: